Combines Questions for CR owners

JHEnt

Its been my experience that the standard chopper works well enough if it has the infeed roll installed. All the new ones should have this as standard now. Even without the mods on 2003 machines they would spread bean material nearly 30'. Wheat straw would not go quite that far. If you see one that has had the roll installed, the round tube just in front of the chopper needs to be pulled out. The instructions with the roller kit did not say to do it but the rod_tube is there to keep the rubber curtain in the right place and is not supposed to be in there with the roll. I think the chaff spreader needs to have the 3" mounting spacers removed and be bolted back directly on the rear frame. This makes a larger opening for any green stems that do not get pulled into the chopper by the roll to fall out. Otherwise they can fall and possibly build up on the chaff spreader frame. The NH yield monitor works good. They have a separate display pod comming out soon so you can have the yeild monitor display on the second screen while the main combine screen has the loss sensor display showing. Up till now you could only watch one at a time. Hopper extensions beyond the factory 300bu ones will void all powertrain warranty. any damage that can be blamed on overloading the machine can be denied coverage. I would suggest ordering the planetary finaldrives instead of the standard finaldrives. Having the electric sieves can be pretty nice. It would make sieve removal alot more time consuming.

Dustmaker

I guess I can't answer all you questions but will try a couple. The electric sieve adjusters I would say are a must. Very convenient, and haven't given us much trouble. A huge addition to machine adjustments when you can adjust sieves on the go Not sure if manual adjustments can be done. We have the NH Yield Monitor, and I find it not very accurate. NH says one calibration will work for the year, not so. Huge variances between crops. I have no experience with Ag leader. I do not do corn and soybeans, but in cereal and canola, Yes, the chopper is fixed, but only if the combine had the deluxe chopper on it. They have added a false floor in the chopper and changed some of the knives. I would guess that maximum spread is now somewhere between 32-34 feet. We run a 30' header with no problems at all spreading it that far. One last piece of advice. Get a CR960 at least. The CR940 is too gutless.

Stormin_Normin

In responce to putting the spreader back to it's factory mounting position. We moved it back three in. and down two in. that made a difference on the spreading. Also put five inch flaps on the back [side towards the front of machine] of the spreader to keep the cobs out of the roto-threasher belts.