Combines R 62 needs help

farm_boy

Since you have a 92 r62, with the shorter shoe could it be a possibility that you are overloading the shoe. I believe it was 96 or 97 that they came out with the longer shoe. I sold gleaner combines for the past 5 years and I had a problem with a customer with a 98 machine that was cracking corn bad and he did fix it rally easy, he traded for a different color!

Hyper_Harvest_II

Jeff, A couple of questions.First,you said that you are running all forward bars.Are they narrow spaced or wide spacedIJSecond,you mentioned that you leveled concave.Have you set concave to cylinder bar clearance to zero and readjusted guage,then set concave to 1" and lowered rear of concave to eliminate factory wedgeIJ Third,have you added helical bar extension third from the gearbox above feeder openingIJFourth,have you extended every other cylinder bar on discharge and also shortened remaining four paddles and added short piece of cylinder barIJFifth,have you extended helicals into dischargeIJSixth,you mentioned that you removed every other wire from concave and then reinstalled them.You need to have these removed from both front and rear sections of concave.The only negative effect this will have is unthreshed crop which has not been a problem in corn_soybeans.Seventh,narrow spaced cylinder bars and every other wire removed from seperator grate will cause shoe to be overloaded as you mention.Picture soon to be added to Tips_Gleaner Upgrades Section addressing this problem.Requires some cutting,but well worth the time invested.Eighth,get a hump installed on rock door,material will feed much more even.Nineth,try some low profile cylinder bars on seperator end of cylinder.Tenth,install two F2 toothed style concave bars on seperator grate in the 6 o'clock position.Have I forgot anythingIJlet us know if there is anything else you have done or not.It's time to wake this sleeping animal!!

dibber

What do you mean by lowering the rear of concave to eliminate the factory wedgeIJIJ Are you setting the concave differnt than the manual saysIJIJIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

Dibber, Yes,this is totally different than by the book.If you look in your operators manual it says to find the highest cylinder by by raising (rear)of concave slowly until highest bar contacts concave,then zero your guage.Then if memory serves me right,it says to adjust and measure front of concave to a opening of .40 inches,then set your front guages at MID position.Now with this kind of wedge built into concave how well do you think this machine will handle 30ft. of material being stuffed down its throat.Same goes for corn,hard to shell corn if all that happens is cobs get split and mashed through concave.Again,this is a corn_soybean setup,not small grains.Does this answer your questionIJ Hyper Harvest II

dibber

When you are setting the rear of the concave you are setting it at 1" intstead of at zero clearanceIJIJIJ And what dimension are you setting the front of the concaveIJIJ When you are doing wheat should you leave the concave at the factory settingsIJIJ Or is there a diferent setting you should be atIJIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

Dibber, Make sure that concave is level from side to side.lower front of concave to 1" clearance.Then adjust rear of concave to get as close to 1" claerance also.Try to keep the wedge to a minimum.(Corn_Soybeans)If you are running wheat,then I would go back to a little bit of a wedge to get good threshing.Keep in mind that you want grain threshing against grain.You do not want cold steel to do the threshing.

dibber

When you set your gauge for the concave setting, would the 1" setting be number 1 on the guage for the concave clearance thenIJIJ Or would zero be one 1"IJIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

Dibber, If you use your rachet and adjust convave up until high bar on cylinder touches concave,then make sure your guage is on zero.Then lower concave to 1" setting on guage,after that make sure front of concave is also set at 1".