Combines R 62 needs help

dibber

Do you use the 1 on the guage as your 1" reference thenIJIJ Or is it a diferent number on the guageIJIJ

Dan

Extending cylinder bars to discharge is a must do. Adding a couple helicals to even out flow into discharge would be great. Some have cut out ever other rasp on narrow spaced rasp bars on seperator side. Check condition of helicals all the way around. New chromed helicals are 5_8" high and black iron are 1_2" high. You have got to get material to flow threw nicely to prevent the breakup of material. If you have a chopper turn or replace blades to get square corner leading. If you have a discharge beater turn or replace paddles to get sharp edge leading. let us know how it goes.

Dan

I understand that you can set a P1 concave to zero all around and then open to 1". After opening to 1" the front will be 1" and the back eyebolts can be set to bring back to 1". Doing that on the short P1 concave will give you little to no dip half way threw concave. I think that is what is desired for corn, no wedge with very little dip half way up concave, rightIJ On P3's the numbers represent 16th's of an inch. My chart goes up to 13 for concave setting so I will use 12 for a round number. When zeroing concave to cylinder you will have zero at the rear, zero at the middle, and zero at the front if front section is set to MIN position. When zeroing concave the plant wants you to have rear and middle at zero and front at .42" (set gauge to MID position) and zero on side of machine. When you have concave set to 12 (3_4") you have 3_4" clearance at rear of concave and 1.05" clearance half way up concave and 1.12 at front of concave if front of concave was left in MID position. Now if you adjusted front of concave to MIN position you would have .68" clearance at the front and center would still be at 1.05". That would make for a 1_4" dip half way up the concave. If concave was brought to 1" front and rear on the P3 there would be at least a 1_4" dip half way up the concave. I have always understood that you want to avoid any dip half way up the concave. Does it work OK in corn to have that dipIJ Any adjustment above 12 (3_4") (with front half set to MID) the front half of concave would be concentric to cylinder and the rear approx. 1_4" tighter. What do you find to work the best in corn with the P3IJ

Dusty

Hyper Harvest, We have a 96 R62 with the long shoe. We have done all of the mod's except for the hyperized chaffer and the low profile cyliner bars. We harvest mainly soybeans, with some corn, and also a little bit of wheat. I was wondering how many rows of low bars would a guy needIJ Do the low bars go all the way across the cylinderIJ Also we do not have the long square tooth chaffer, but we have round end chaffer, should a guy hyperize this chaffer and if so how do you do itIJ One more question we have been running a 3_8" round hole screen for soybeans, can a guy run this screen for wheat or should he use the adjustable oneIJ Thanks alot, Dusty, P.S. My email address is dustywilly@usa.net

Dusty

Thanks Hyper, Where could I get some of the low bars to try for wheat this yearIJ I would probably just try the two rows. How much would these low bars costIJ Thanks for the info, Dusty