Combines R6 N6 differences

John

According to the Service manuals for AC and Deutz nothing. The late N6(basically Series 3 and newer)are the same as the R6. The first noticable change came with the R60 w_Deutz engine and other internal changes. According to the specs released by AC and Deutz the R60 has less capacity than the N_R6. The R62 was increased again to the R6 size. Not sure if this was just different ways Deutz was figuring capacity or what. I do know my Hyperized N6 will out perform the neighbors Hyperized R60. And won't keep up with the other neighbors Hyperized R62, but then it has more HP.

Kelly

The big difference is the longer unloading auger and better swing mechanism and the better straw spreader unless your 85 was one of the few 85s that had the dual spreader.

bfarm

Actually if I had a digital camera I could show the after market straw spreader I have.It gets its drive from the accelerator rolls drive on the lH side ,under the end of the rotor. It almost looks like a chaff spreader,it is 40" in dia and has 5 big vanes on it and a tray under neath it.The front of the tray has sheet metal 10" tall so no straw is pushed forward,this also gives direction for spreading the straw. It covers about 20' behind the machine and works beautifully. Anyway ,thanks for the info.

venturis40

i would be interrested in more info on your spreader i have been considering installing a factory dual spreader

bfarm

If I can get my hands on a digital camera I will try post it here. Wife seems to pushing for one so who knows what will happen. The combine is buried deep in the shed, so it needs to be a warm day to bring out in the daylight to get a good set of photos. I will reply with as soon as it permits. SB central in Alberta