Raising sheep?

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I have not seen much about sheep farming here. I've never raised sheep and I don't know a lot about it. Anyone raise sheep? What is the purpose? I would imagine it would be for their wool?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
There are basically three types of sheep, fiber sheep (for wool) dairy sheep (yes sheep are raised to produce milk) and meat sheep. We raised sheep, but just for wool. My wife and I can't raise any animal to be butchered, and we had a dairy goat farm, we didn't want to get into milking sheep as well. Milk have a very short lactation period, so milking them is not year round.

kp+

I have not seen much about sheep farming here. I've never raised sheep and I don't know a lot about it. Anyone raise sheep? What is the purpose? I would imagine it would be for their wool?
olso my friend people make good cheeze with sheep milk

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
You need sheep to get lambs and lamb meat is considered a nice dish in many parts of the US. Sheep also give us lanolin.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Some people have sheep for petting zoos, or they rent them out at Christmas for manger scenes, or they breed them for shows. I think sheep are super cute, but I wouldn't want to raise them. They're awfully stubborn.