Registering side-by-side

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
Anyone know if you have to register a side-by-side? Is it different in every state? I know our DMV is a state agency. We are looking to purchase a used one tonight. Planning on tooling around with it (just on our back roads). Unsure if we have to register it.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
It depends on the state and how you plan to use it. Some states only require registration if you're going to use it on the road. You could run it all over your property without needing to register. I wish the law was more cohesive about registering UTVs and ATVs. It would be much simpler.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
What did you find out about this? We have one and we did register it. We do take it out on the roads. I thought you had to if you drove it on public roads. I believe every state is different though.

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
We didn't do anything with it yet. Our DMV are just reopening by appointment. We have been driving around the backroads with no issues yet. I don't want to put insurance on it.

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
Who did you buy it from? Did they have it registered? If all you're going to do is drive it out in the wilderness, why bother with registration?