Renting land

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
I'm curious to know how many of us rent land from others to plant? We are looking into this so we can expand and I'd like some information. Do you think it's a good idea? Would you rather just try to buy more land?

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
We rent land from our neighbors. It's great because they wouldn't use the land and it's so close to home. I see nothing wrong with renting land if you can find it.

Birdie

Golden Chicken
I would probably try to reconfigure my fields, so I could grow everything I wanted on my own land. However, I've always been frugal and I'm a little bit of a control freak, so renting land just wouldn't work for me.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I see nothing wrong with renting land as long as you can do whatever you want on it. I'd also make sure that no one else has any right to enter the land and disrupt your crop.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
Purchasing land is more expensive than renting, but it depends on what you want to achieve. If you buy land, it may take you time to recoup the initial investment. Renting is cheaper and has a faster rate of return.

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
I rented fields when I first started farming. I needed new places for my cattle to graze. I have since bought the land I rented. I'm thinking of adding on to my crops this year and will need more land. I would rent if the right piece of land became available.

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
We did decide to rent this year. The cost of land right now is crazy high (along with houses, lumber and pretty much anything). We rented from an old farmer who isn't really in the business anymore.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
That is great Camoo. It sounds like you are helping him by keeping his land futile. Maybe at some point he will sell it to you. I bought some fields that were overgrown and not taken care of. They are coming together beautifully.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I think it would be beneficial if I wanted to see whether farming was for me before I spent a ton on it. I'm not sure that I'd do it just to expand my operation though. I enjoy hearing different perspectives on here, because now I feel I have a better understanding of why renting appeals to some folks.

coldaquila

coldaquila

I'd make sure that no one else has any right to enter the land and disrupt your crop. fire damage restoration mold michigan Purchasing land is more expensive than renting, but it depends on what you want to achieve.

Last edited: