Combines Rodono Industries Fine cut chopper

Silver_Shoes

Is this the Agco fine cut chopperIJ If it is, we have one on a 62 and it makes dust out of it almost. It does take some more work to install it compared to the other chopper.

c_k

I installed one on my 84 N7 last year. The unit is built heavy with heavy sharpened hammers. The hammers were a little shorter then the factory chopper. I am getting a finer cut but I think speeding it would be a real benefit. This is not as easy on the N series. I also run a set of Clinton Ag stationary knives that have been very durable for 2 years. I will say that I am happy with the Rodono chopper. Any other question feel free to ask.

dustyr72

I am not sure if it is the same as the agco chopper. It has a 3_8 wall drum and has 20 eight inch long knives that are 1_4 inch thick.It does not have a different floor and it weighs 70 pounds. Does this sound the same as the one you installedIJ I was wondering if they supply agco.

dustyr72

c.k. how do the stationary knive fasten inIJ Can they be adjusted up and down like the Gleaner stationary knivesIJ Rodono has some 7 inch stationary knives that they told me mesh with the rotor knives to a depth of about 4 inches, giving more cutting surfaces.

oatboy

I put one into a Massey 860 about 6 years ago - night and day difference over the original. Used in wheat, oats, barley, peas, canola. I bought their stationary knife kit as well. I've been thinking of putting one in my R70. Did you price one outIJ

wildcat

Is the Rodono a complete setup that would replace an impellerIJ I've been wanting to go to a chopper on our R62 but have had no luck finding a used one. I priced new ones the other day and a new fine cut is about the same money as the old style, just a more involved installation, I'm told. Are the AGCO fine cut or Rodono substantially better than the old style AGCOIJ

dustyr72

I got a price of $1300 Canadian plus whatever shipping is and got a $1492 price for the fine cut agco.

venturis40

not adjustable, they are either in or out using 4 carriage bolts in the holes used by the factory knives i spent about an hour with a torch and a tape measure and a welder now i can slip them in and out easily without disassembling the distribution auger drives etc... they mesh about 2.5 inches and have a hardened edge i have been using them for 3 yrs with no trouble with a standard chopper rotor and a sunnybrook cylinder rotor used to leave ropes behind in certain varieties of beans with the standard oem knives now it cuts those same ropey varieties to a length of no more than 8 inches it turns those wimpy NK bean stems to dust august wieser rosholt, sd

gleanermanitoba

The Rodono and Agco choppers are not the same, similar but there are differences. The Agco chopper has a large thick wall center tube,I think its 6 sets of 2 hammers on them. they have changed the bottom plate under chopper and added twice as many stationary knives (very similar to all other fine cut choppers) to make them chop, they have also sped up the chopper to around 2700 rpm I think. we have run these for 5 or 6 years now and are happy with their performance. The Rodono also has the same basic center drum but as mentioned earlier they have many more hammers on them around twenty sounds right but they use the standard chopper stationary knive slots and you can use Agco or whatever other knives you can make work. The Rodono chopper looks well built and was told they can run up to 3000 rpm, we went with the Agco ones because they were still considered prototype when we got them and therefore the price was atractive and also felt if they didnt work Agco may do something about it , otherwise would have bought the Rodono.