Combines Rotor Balance

Old_Pokey

turbored, thats a great idea. Would you normally weld the piece on at about the center of the rotor fore and aftIJ

turbored

Our experience: Clean out behind all the bars and mounting stands with a blow gun, making sure everything is very clean. Put the magnets in the same general location as the balance weights that are currently welded to the rotor (fore and aft). When you get close, you can move them around the circumference of the rotor to fine tune your balance. Make sure that you locate the weight so that it is not in front of a rotor bar (behind is the prefered location). Good luck!

batman

The best way to balance a rotor yourself is to take it out and inspect it real good for dents and holes etc. make two stands with two small bearings at the top so the shaft will rest on the bearings. take the graese out of the bearings and clean good so there is no friction when they turn. put your rotor between the stands and balance using the metod described erlier I have done several this way and it has worked well you will need to find a shaft to fit the back of the rotor it has to be a snug fit to balance properly good luck with your project

northernfarmer

Had some work done to my rotor, we static balanced it as batman suggests. Put the rotor in and patted ourselves on the back, ran real smooth. Then before harvest heard that a guy was doing highspeed balancing in the combine, got him to do our's. After he was done the machine really did run smooth. I would always get it highspeed balanced, for the cost of $300.00 it's cheap peace of mind.

Mark__EC_IN

Do you have a name, phone number, or address for this fellowIJ ....TIA.......................Mark

farmerb

If you get a name and location of the guy who high speed balances rotors while in the combine, would you please post that info.

northernfarmer

Arrm Industrial Services Saskatoon, Sk. Ph. (306) 653-4480 Good luck with your rotors..Neil

farmerh

Sounds like mine,1666, check for play at top end of rotor. I pulled my rotor and the drive casting fell off in my hand. The rubber bushings were shot and 2 bolts were broke. Could have been disaster!