Combines rotor torque sensor 2188

shellman

I would definately replace the cam. Those ramps are case hardened to a shallow depth. I think that if you grind back flat you may go thru or leave very little hard surface left. As far as the spring goes, I would also replace it as well. Remember it is a coil spring and has been setting under tension and will take a set. If all you do is dry matter crops the 400n spring will suffice. If doing high moisture corn or gmo crops then the 500n spring is probably best. DO NOT try the 900n spring from the AFX rotor. This is to be utilized only with the AFX rotor and drive pully conversion. The torrington bearing you are referring to is from the 1400 series. Many people will use it rather than the flat washer as they feel it lets the unit react better. Might also want to think about replacing the nylon bushings as well at this time. Check with your dealers parts people as see if CASE-IH offeres a kit to rebuild the touque sensor. last of all don't forget to lube adequately and properly with lithium grease only.

CAJUN__BOY

Case offers a spring kit an they offer the complete torque hub with pully I installed it on my 2188 (97)model works great very little rotor rpm loss you just need to pay attention to engine rpms not let them drop off to low I set my minimum speed alarm @ 2250 I also installed the AFX rotor (Smooth)

mudflats

Do you mean you istalled the updated pulley and torque sensor for the AFX rotor with the 900lb. spring or did you just buy new what was on there before. I am contemplating putting in the afx rotor eventually, is it required to put the pulley update kit on for it. Does the 900lb. spring and pulley just slide on to the shaft and you use a different belt or is it more involved than thatIJ

CAJUN__BOY

I installed the hd torque hub an 900n spring came as a kit you can get it complete or just cam hub with spring installed it on a 97 2188 slides on used the same belt as original on 2188 used a new one complete hub looks same as the old one pully has a curved grove on it but it performs 10 times better you might burn the pto clutch but the belt won't slip!!!!!