Combines SCH vs Crary cutterbars

Wolffman

My choice is standard 3" CIH, with Crary spring-loaded hold down clips.

FARKlE

The SCH certainly cuts well when "new" but how in the world do you adjust it when tops and bottoms of your guard get worn. At least Crary offers a fully adjustable system with a few added advantages like total adjustability, spring loaded hold downs and now the KING KUT section that opens up the total feed area. Tried one last year and it was the only system that would cut tough beans late in the season all the others failed. No till beans in corn stalks were not a problem either.

big_orange

Run a different color combine have had a Crary Gold n Cut,it worked very well,had spring loaded holddowns which are nice.Cut in a lot of rock and never broke a guard.2 neighbors have SCH systems,they work well too,quite a few acres threw both machines and wear doesn't seem to be a problem.Both systems work well and I believe are priced close to each other.

farmert

I agree the 3 " with crary hold downs works well the crary system breaks a lot of guards the king cut won't cut when It's tough at all (the curved sections) don't always think the grass is greener on the other side!! teh crary as well as most of the knives any more are in pieces which really s*cks.

Unit_2

I ran the SCH for the past 2 years on my 1020 header. It was great when it was new. The trouble is it just didn't stay new very long. I changed everything back to the standard CIH three inch sickle sections and gaurds just last week.