Combines shoe updateIJ

JHEnt

2006 models should all have the more agressive shoe. All of the older corn_bean CR970's were supposed to be updated by the company. I have never seen anything saying they plan to install the newer shoe parts into any other older machines. Starting in 2006 they also use a double V belt to drive the clean grain elevator. The single belt didn't aways have enough traction in the same situation of high yield and high moisture. I was told the problem with the heavy material on the chaffer only shows up in high moisture_high yielding corn. I was told they first tried installing a different pulley to speed up the shake. That did away with the material problem but was shaking other things apart. Thats why the went with a complete shoe replacement. The different throw required new shoe frames for the internal clearances. They also mount the sieves at a steeper angle.

Ilnewholland

My dealer up in Vandalia told me a few weeks ago that the CR960's was getting a shoe update. Told me if the combine was owned by farmer that company will pay labor but if used on dealer lot the dealer had to do labor. Said it was about an 80 hour update. Not sure if they get a hyd fanIJ That may only be on the new one's.

JHEnt

I could be wrong but the book I was looking at didn't say anything but the CR970 was getting a hydraulic fan. As far as the shoe replacement I haven't seen anything official from the company saying that they are replacing any other older machines. Who knows these days.