Combines smashed unloading auger

john

Havent gleaner put a turret unloading auger on thier combines yet what a joke

Itchy

I've replaced a couple over the past few years, know just how you feel. I found that the bolts used for bolt in sickle sections work perfect.

still_galvanized

As someone who has ran Gleaners 34 years and been around lots of turret style unloaders. 850 massey 7720 Deere 1480 IH sure they have some good points but the simplicity of the Gleaner swivel far outweighs any advantages of turret style tube. Sure we have lost a few tubes over the years due to inexperenced drivers and tall trucks but I sure dont want the noise and extra drives and sour wet grain runing down side of my machine just so I wont have to pay attention to where the tube is on terraces or high turn rows. Any one who postes something like you did probably will never understand the joke is on you.

john

The jokes on you we ran 860 massey then went with a swivel auger on a 8460mf(claas) what a pain in the a$$ to always making sure the truck driver doesnt hit the auger had to replace one auger Running 1688 now with 1900hrs zero problems with auger only check oil level and grease. Neighbour ran a R60 he replaced two auger tubes in three years now he runs deere combines not a gleaner left around here.

bull_hauler

I had a JD with the turret auger and it was a pain in the a$$ to clean out, we raise a lot of certified seeds and had to vacuum the hopper out and if it got wet from rain it was a stinky sour mess in the grain tank and running down the side a of a JD combine. I switched to a gleaner l3 and like the ease of cleaning the grain tank and the simplicity of just one auger, as for a bent tube we don't have to unload on the go with a gleaner,as you can cover more ground,and still take the time to stop and unload the hopper and get out look your machine over and take a Pi$$.

GreaTOne_65

Sorry, son, but I'd rather fight than switch! I have run a 410 Massey, a 510, 750, 850, 860, and a 9650 JD and my R-62 unloading auger is the best of the bunch! Far be it from me to tell someone else what combine to run, to each his own. Good luck this year, and becareful out there, Dale SCMI.

t_leslie

Oh Heck people!!!!!!!!! I use to work in a DEERE dealership and I can tell you they knock unloaders off too.. I know for a fact that you can knock an unloader off a 9600 with the unloader in the transport position and the sprinlker in the just standing minding it's own business position..