Combines Steering Control Valve leaking

tbran

the steering motors can leak at two places. There is a bottom 1_2 sleeve, part no. 1049736m1 old part n was 71173829 that can be easily changed via 7 bolts on the the bottom of the unit. The unit can leak at the top packing 71304442 which requires removal of the steering wheel and snap ring and series of items. Both are doable but no picnic at a couple of hours. I am sure you checked to see it was not a hose or fitting. There were two steering units used, you can match up off late G, F, Ks or 880 strippers if you can find one.

almostafarmer

I am certain it is not a hose or fitting. I suspect the unit is leaking from the bottom. I will try to replace the seal at the bottom of the steering motor. Do you suppose I could gain access to it by disconnecting the four hoses beneath the cab, unbolting the steering wheel base from the cab, and removing the steering console as one unitIJ I am hoping I would not have to remove the steering wheel to gain access because that looks pretty complicated. Thanks for the response,tbran