Combines Straw Walker gearbox

Glen

Had this happen on friends 9600 last year. Newer combines use a larger bolt. OUr friends was 4 or 5 years old. They complained to jd and they fixed for them for free. But they were down for 2 days. JD knew they had a problem there on the older ones

Dr__Deere

It was a problem with the older combines, when you update to the hardened shaft it will use a largeer bolt that is locktited in instead of the tabbed lock washer.

Brimfarms

I am putting a new crank in the machine now. You said that the new crank is hardenedIJ Will this prevent this from happening againIJ My 9500 is an 89 model thats probally why. Thanks for the info.

Brimfarms

Yea it happened last year, it is also a 89 model. Then new crank that I am installing will hopefully fix it for good. You all must have a lot more "pull" with JD than we do in louisiana. We cant get them to do much of anything on a combine, but a cotton picker is a different story. Thanks for the info...

Brimfarms

Yea it happened last year, it is also a 89 model. Then new crank that I am installing will hopefully fix it for good. You all must have a lot more "pull" with JD than we do in louisiana. We cant get them to do much of anything on a combine, but a cotton picker is a different story. Thanks for the info...

squiresharvesting

I had it happen on a 94 9600 I think the best solution is a cts or sts.