Stress

Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Farm Hand
Tax time is right around the corner. Spring break for the kids is in full swing in much of the country. The bills keep coming, the revenues seem to be decreasing and the damn weather just doesn't want to cooperate.

These are just a few of the problems we face, and sometimes......when it rains it pours.

What do you do to manage the stress that all this can bring?

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I read and listen to podcasts to decompress. Gardening really helps me reduce my stress better than anything else, but it's still too cold right now. I'm enjoying planning it out though.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Just slowly keep plugging away at the problem/problems do the best I can.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
I like to listen to music throughout the day. I try to keep my radio tuned to a nice positive station. I find it lifts my spirits and helps me feel better even when I feel like I'm at my wit's end.

Toymaker

Farm Hand
Come to farm chat and post

Stress is everywhere. Think we got it bad, look at generations before us and what they faced. Having a couple of kids home for a few weeks and a tax bill due aint that scary compared to bullets flying by your head or a drought and full on economic depression for example.

Minty

Minty

Farm Hand
Do exercises. It sounds cliche but it’s true. Exercising makes me happier at least, or more energetic. I can’t start my day without excising anymore. It’s more like a routine to me right now.

Melvin

Melvin

Farm Hand
When the weather is nice, I like to take a few hours to go fishing. It's very peaceful. When the weather is bad, though, that's not an option. In the winter, I'll watch a funny movie if I'm feeling particularly stressed out. Laughter is good medicine.