Combines Suggestions for New combine

tbran

Kurt:As John Keller stated many moons ago; the Gleaners come ready for action just as they are.... but ---- if you want still more--- pick and choose as you like. All these posts and pics will help. What is your limiting factorIJ What is your needIJ SpeedIJ More than stock w_extened barsIJ look as sep grate cover_ pull every other sep. wires _ first helical extention _ half height bars in lieu of reverse bars _ extend every other bar on the paddle lh end all the way out, these come to mind first. I would still recommend you run the machine first before you start these upgrades... These new machines will blow you and your neighbors drawers off anyway. If your limiting factor is drying or hauling capacity spend the $ and time here first then go back to the harvester - uh Gleaner - can't believer I said that word..as Dan sez - enjoy.. and make sure the machine is set up properly as to cyl - concave adjustment....

Kurt

Thanks tbran, I know how good these machines are, basically I was just asking if a 99 model would have any of these modifications on them. And yes we are always in need for speed. When your cutting 60 bushel wheat and the thunderstorms are massing in the northwest you just can't go fast enough. Don't worry we have the equipment to haul it away as fast as we can cut it. Now for wheat do you still want to pull wires outIJ Or is this more for cornIJ Same goes for 1_2 height cylinder bars vs. reverse bars. What crops is the seperator grate cover good for. Thanks for all your information

Dan

Kurt, I believe you will allready have wide spaced thresher concave. I would pull approx. every other wire from sep. grate unless you got the high wide wire seperator grate. I pointed out my views on sep. grate cover in previous post today. I would switch your rev. bars with Hypers half height. And take a good strong look at the picture of third helical from gearbox extention over feeder and you may want to install one. I'm going to get better description to Nate on the pictures that I send him to try clear up some of the questions. I see that the number for discharge paddles on the '99 machines has changed and I was wondering if anyone knows what the change to it is. Good night or day. Dan