Combines The CR Combine from New Holland

Guy_C

Don't need to see the video,saw it up close at a combine demo in Rosthern.Nice combine but it was no match for the MF 9790 that was there.Moodys left with their tale between their legs.

Guy_C

It was a 960,both machines were class 7.Concensus was that the 970 would have all it could handle to keep up.There was about 150 farmers at the demo,very interesting.

tobaboy

ya, very interesting. What were they threshingIJ What was limiting the machinesIJ Who put on the demoIJ Perhaps the CR was not set up properly. I've heard a lot of good things about the CRs capacity, but saleman did tell me that in tough oats, the big CX will smoke the 970.

Guy_C

They were thrashing very tough canola and the the dealer that brought the combine was Moodys from Saskatoon,a very large dealer.A week before they had another demo located near the town of Aberdeen,different town ,same results.I'm not knocking your combine just relaying the results.

tobaboy

The Cr is not my combine, we run a lexion. Just really shocked at what you saw, thought the Cr would perform better. Perhaps the Challenger's are worth taking a look at. How wide was the swath, what was the canola yielding and how fast were the machines movingIJ I know thats a lot, but just want to compare to our 480. I've heard a mixed bag on the CRs so far. Friend of mine ran a 970 against a 9760sts, he went with the STS said he could put more through with the 9760, I had a hard time believing him seeing as they are different class machines, but who knowsIJ I'm anxious to run one against our 480 next year. What do you runIJ

JHEnt

I guess it depends on crops but I've seen a CR940 running in the same field as a 9650STS in soybeans. The only thing holding the CR back was that the short beans are hard to cut off at high speed without pushing down the stalks and missing a pod to two at the bottom. The STS is unable to separate the beans from the stalks in the rotor above 4.5 mph. In tall beans the CR had almost zero losses at 7 mph. Also depends on the combine setup since all CR's in 2003 were shipped out of the factory with small grain prechaffers installed. This really holds them up in heavy corn.

Ilnewholland

John Bob, your web site is very nice. looks like you have spent a lot of time on it. I wish more dealers would. Even New Holland's web site could be better. Maybe you could give them some pointers on itIJ How many new CR's have you sold up thereIJ Ilnh keep up the good work.

John_Bob

Thanks for the comliment. We do pride our selves with the web site we have developed. Please feel free to bookmark it and come see our pictures every month. As for the CR Combine... We have 9 units here right now for sale... 2 of them are new. The rest are trade ups. Over all the fellas that have purchased a CR are very pleased and are upgrading. We have most of the units posted with lots of pictures and even pic's of the Hours and Thrashing hours to prove the honesty of both our machine and us as a dealer. I'm in the prosess of giving our web site a fresh look for 2004 and we hope people out there are noticing the effort we put to information like this from our web site. But, I do have to put a good plug in for my web master... She has been just great to work with. Thanks again for the compliment and all the best in 2004 from your friends @ John Bob Farm Equipment ltd _ Hwy 3 West _ Tisdale,Sask.Canada (306) 873-4588. sales@johnbob.ca