The food policy

RuralFarm

RuralFarm

Farm Hand
The issues that the various food policies are supposed to affect are usually legit. They may include decreasing erosion, limiting the emission of greenhouse gases, and so on. However, I think what lacks is regulation. Should farmers be given incentives to implement conservation programs?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
WOW!!! Great topic!!! I think farmers should be given incentives to implement conservation programs. Doing that is expensive, but really worth it in the long run, and since farmers operate on such a thin profit margin, they need help to start a conservation program.

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
I think would way to handle it would be to end the expense of various certifications, especially organic. It wouldn't be a direct incentive, but it should pay off for the farmer.

Chris T

Chris T

Farm Hand
I agree that there is a need to incentivize farmers properly. They are beneficiaries of the ecosystem services, but as stewards, their activities need not eat into their profits. The question is, which body should be responsible for this?

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
Should farmers be given incentives to implement conservation programs?

Yes, they should. The way things are going though, I don't see that happening. Spend money to help save the planet? Our politicians don't see the value in that.

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
I do see that this could happen for sure. I think Biden is "more green" and might actually want to help the farmers if it means that it will be beneficial to our environment. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.