The most expensive agricultural crops

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
Goji berries are nutritious fruits mostly grown in China, famous for their anti-aging benefits because they are full of antioxidants. The organic dried berries can sell for $20 or more per pound, and fresh berries can demand higher prices. Farmers can grow 7,000 pounds of goji berries per acre. The plant is also well adapted to the North American climate. Which other crops come to mind?

Birdie

Golden Chicken
I've heard that cannabis plants are a good cash crop. It's now pretty much legal to cultivate hemp throughout the United States thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill. Hemp and CBD oil are becoming more and more mainstream and the market isn't crowded yet.

baloyi

baloyi

Farm Hand
There are many things to consider, which makes this a broad question. A farmer has to factor in the rate of yield, quantity planted, revenue per unit sold, time input, and cost of production et cetera. Oyster mushrooms, which can grow in 5 weeks, fetch $10 to $20 per pound.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Oyster mushrooms, which can grow in 5 weeks, fetch $10 to $20 per pound.
That was my first thought too. Oyster mushrooms are affordable to start and they have a quick turnaround time. I'm surprised more people don't cultivate mushrooms.