Combines the most hr on a IH or case IH combine

Unit_2

That has been a pretty busy 2388. Tell us what all you've done to it, and did you buy it newIJ

Rotor_Man

My very early production 78 model 1480 (293rd one built) grand totalled a bit over 16,500 hrs this season. I will continue to rebuild it as long as parts are avalible. Just got a specialty rotor and Stewart Steel auger front last year,and converted to new Eaton hydro drive this year. Hey,the stuff that wears out all bolts on.

gms

I just bought it this fall.It must have come from a combine crew at had a no 4 on the side.But all of the wear parts looked to have been replaced.and updated. Did over 500 acres so far and not a problem.

dairyfarmer

is the first axial flow combine that was made still being used at one time it was on a farm near highland illinois i know the farmer quit farming but i think the combine might still be going diaryfarmer

HedFarHar

gms, did it come from the Buxton ND auctionIJ In this case, l and D or l and W harvestingIJ I remember they had 4 2000 2388s with 5k plus eng hrs on them at the auction.

Rotor_Man

Amazing how long and well a machine can run with good maintenence. That is around 900 hrs per year on that 2388. I only average about 600 per year,but have had 28 years to rack up the total. lower yeilding,non abrasive crops and since 99,a stripper header really helps things last too. Mine has original frame,cab,top sheet metal. Most everything else has been rebuilt_replaced several times.

HedFarHar

I cant speak for them personally. My dad went to the auction and said that those 4 2000 2388s looked very sharp and well taken care of for the hours they had and being on the harvest trail. I have seen alot of combines that look faded and a lil to extremely beat up on those crews that keeps their combines longer. It sounds like the l and D or W crew was the kind that ranks right up there for taking care of their machines in the 5 years they had the 2388s.