To mask or not

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
I don't understand why we still need to wear masks if we are vaccinated. I can see if you chose to not get the vaccine, mask up (if you want to). I would rather not wear one but it's required almost everywhere I go (outside of the farm).

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
The vaccine isn't 100%, plus there are all sorts of variants, and we don't know how affective the vaccine will be against them. Masks are the new normal, they aren't hard to get used to. We'll be wearing them for a while yet.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
I, for one, would love to stop wearing my mask. I don't want it to be the new normal. I do struggle breathing when I'm wearing one. I have bad allergies and my nose is plugged often.
I do hope that we can stop wearing them soon.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I'm waiting for the "ruling" that we don't need to wear them outdoors. I think it's coming! I think soon we will be allowed to certain events without masks - I hope anyway.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I'm wearing mine because we have some kids who can't get vaccinated due to their age. It feels wrong to strut around without one when I expect my children to comply with the CDC's guidelines. Wearing a mask seems to help with my allergies, so at least there's that.

ChickensAndCows

ChickensAndCows

Farm Hand
I'm wearing mine because we have some kids who can't get vaccinated due to their age. It feels wrong to strut around without one when I expect my children to comply with the CDC's guidelines. Wearing a mask seems to help with my allergies, so at least there's that.
I like that you're setting a good example for your kids! I keep wearing mine because my grandmother is immunocompromised. Also, I'm concerned about new variants of COVID.