Combines todd08 What is your opinion of the 9790IJ

poor_farmer

Hey, this combine is a sleeper, it can sure feed, thrash and still do a excellent job out the back end. Thus far I have been very impressed. Very few belts and very simple.

drohrbough

Do you own a 9790IJ What crops do you harvestIJ Where atIJ We are running 2 R62's and are looking at the Massey_Cat very seriously, and info would be greatly appricated. We are suppost to get one on demo sometime this fall. Thanks, drohrbough

todd08

I had it at my place 6 days. I guess overall I was disappointed. Father would have told them to take it home the first day. Hope you have better luck. I like my small old steady Farmalls better. It definitely has some good merits, worth giving a look at.

drohrbough

Could you elaborate a little moreIJ I would like to here about your problems, or concerns. Was it that particular machine or do you think it would have been the same with any of themIJ Was your dealer much help, did you ever find out what was wrong with the concaveIJ What cropsIJ What conditionsIJ Sorry to ask so many questions but I figured I might get some useful info out of this forum. Thanks What model of Binders do you runIJ We had a 2388 out last fall. Nice Machine. But not nice enough to make us switch.

beh

we had a demo and were very impressed, we were picking up malt barley (145bpa) in 16 foot windrows as fast as the pickup could pick it up, it turned circles around our 2188 and did a very good job! grain quality was great and it is very simple mechanically. very good combine. now if we could just afford it...ha

drohrbough

Thanks for the info, it must be quite a combine to out cut your 2188 that much. d