Combines turent on rotary

johnboy

I know that the turret type can a little harder on some grains but the older style can be a worry on undulating ground unloading on the go. Sometimes there is not a lot of clearence between auger and the chaser bin. I vote turret. john

mo_farm

I hope if the turrent is going to be used on all Gleaners that they redesign it so it doesn't look like something that the jr high shop class stuck on the side of the combine. I'm sure it has it's advantages but it looks aren't very pretty. There must be someway to put that piece that goes up the side of the grain bin inside the bin to hide it.

gunner

On are 52, we have a rotary. When it gets to the end of unloading, it shakes and rattles. On are new 62 we bought, we got a turent. They look like they will work better. We haven't tried it yet though

tbran

same thing happened to me when I got a bad bladder infection,,,,, seriously the vibration at empty conditions is caused by either, slightly bent _ unbalanced unloading auger, shock absorber loose or worn, loose bolts in shock, or loose ujoints and or bushing. The turret unloader has the same shock system and the same potential problem with bends or tolerences that are out of whack.

johnboy

that's one for the wish list, fix that mongrell shock absorber up on the unloader auger.I get a little tired of those rubbers falling out. john

Bigsky

Yes my vote is for the turret, but man do I wish they would put it inside, so that it looks like a combine from the 2,000s, not from the 1960's.

Rolf

Been thinking about the unloader auger and had a C.I.D again! I will try to explain!!

oldman

My son worked a couple of years as a test engineer for Gleaner and was in on the testing of the turrent. Best I can figure out is that it is slower unloading and may damage a little more grain. We're raising more white corn all the time where quality is a concern and we can't shove it out fast enough now. And yea in the hills we buy a new unload auger every 3 or 4 yrs. But we got an oldman running the combine. What I want is a turrent unload that'll dump on either side. I wanted to go with a 12 row head but in good corn you cant't hardly make it back with 8 row head in half mile rows now.

gunner

I don't think it the U-joints because we replaced them and it still shaked. But it don't matter to us anymore