Combines Use it or lose it

Aar

I'm sure you are aware that to combine something, you first have to get it in the ground. I know for myself, the only time I think about that silver monster is wehn I'm pulling into the shed with the anhydrous bar and trying to avoid denting that 7060 hood. I'm sure things will pick up mid summer when the wheat run starts and when corn farmers see tassels instead of stubble.

T__langan

I agree with Aaron - this is just a slow time of the year. Things will pick up in a little while..... In the meantime, matters of great concern (like moonshine, pot, acorns, and rooster nuts) are discussed from time to time. Great philisophical minds like the users of this board possess, must venture into deep subjects on occasion. Take care-

Jeremy

when we start working on the combines in a couple of months, I'll have lots of questions to ask :)

New2Gleaner

. . . and those of us who've just purchased their FIRST rotary Gleaner AFTER the last harvest season will have lots of questions; - even some dumb one's! ;-)

Tom

They cant be any dumber than the ones Ive asked. Right now I am too busy getting a planter ready for the annual springtime battles to give the combine much thought. Do any of you guys have names for your combinesIJ I am almost afraid to ask Tom l a question like that. The previous Gleaner was Medusa but the Chief Money Spender hasnt come up with anything for the R60 yet. Tom Russell

Dan

You made me fell so bad Pete that I'm posting three times tonight. I'm sure the hypersonic dudes are busy testing their latest no-till planter patents not to mention they are probably having a little trouble wiring up the jet drive and drier R62. I don't think this site is dying for I see more new names all the time. Many are just waiting for the chance to help someone out or get helped out. Marvin has one great site here and I'm sure he is doing what he can to get older posts back on. Have a great day.

PETE

Thanks guys for pointing out the obvious and your votes of confidence in this site. I probably have a little too much time on my hands as I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery and can't do much other than point, click and whine. Thanks,

New2Gleaner

I had many names for my last (non-Gleaner) combine, but the profanity filter on this board won't allow me to reveal them. let's just say, I somehow turned VERY RElIGIOUS at harvest time.

T__langan

When we ran an old, beat up "K", we called her the "Tin lizzy". That's been many moons ago now. I always figured if we ever went to a class VI, I'd name it the "Silverton" after that song that C. W. McCall had years ago. The class V's just don't look big and mean enough to earn a name like that. There was that one bad day we had a few years ago with the R50 - I had several names that day like "*CENSORED*" and "*CENSORED*", and oh yea "*CENSORED*"! That was before I tapped into the vast knowledge base on this site and became edjumacated.