Combines Using a no till Planter on a plowed field

Kurt

What kindof no-till planterIJ What kind of attachments does it haveIJ Are the coultor (IJspelling) adjustalbleIJ Clue us inIJ And what kind of combine are you going to runIJ Tbrans "MIl" will want to know

T__langan

Chisel plowed or moldboardIJ I can't imagine trying to plant a chiseled field without working it some. BUT, my dad used to plant in moldboard plowed fields without working them. Plowed in the fall and plant in the spring - remember wheel-track plantingIJ Worked great - just band spray over the corn rows and cultivate. Allis Chalmers pioneered wheel-track planting if I remember correctly. Of course, one must use a Gleaner combine to harvest your crops, else all is in vain. Isn't that what this board is all about anyhowIJIJ Tom

Mike

Sorry about posting an out of topic question on this board. I go back and forth from this board and a tractor board, and with todays computer magic it was already posted before I realized that it was on the wrong board. However, I do have a Gleaner CII with a corn and small grains head. Just got it last fall, not too sure how old it is, but it seems to run well. Will be trying it out on barley and corn this year. The information on this board has been of great interest and value, again I apologize for off topic.

Kurt

That's alright, What tractor board are you talking aboutIJ I no-till a lot but never behind a plow. Good luck.

Mike

Kurt: Yesterday's Tractors is located at 207.159.53.230_ttalk_wwwboard.html