Combines Walker lossIJ

greenback

I have heard of putting a larger sprocket on the walker shaft to increase the speed of the walkers to make them more aggressive, Have you increased the slope of your walkers.

farmboy

I have put the extra risers on the walkers which seems to help in conditions where there is a lot of straw. These are available either from Deere or from jobbers.

caneman

Is that 9500 a spike or rasp. I don't raise wheat, but have cut rice and wheat. Try either tightening the concave or speeding up the cyl. One at a time or a slight combination of the two. Where in lA are youIJ Sounds like you must be in NE lAIJ Keep in mind, it takes 18-20 grains of wheat per sq ft to equal one bushel. It looks like alot.

augers

The first thing that I would do is to level the concave.This is a bit of a time consuming measure. It could take you an hour.There is nothing that can influence the seperation more than a well adjusted concave, especially if you are using rub bars.

augers

The first thing that I would do is to level the concave.This is a bit of a time consuming measure. It could take you an hour.There is nothing that can influence the seperation more than a well adjusted concave, especially if you are using rub bars.

Brimfarms

Sorry, It is a rasp. I have tried both things and it does seem to help but I start white-capping the wheat pretty bad, the moisture has gotten to about 11% or so. I live in NE lA east of Monroe about 15 miles right off of I-20.

Brimfarms

I did this, I added 3 "fishback" risers just before the wheat harvest. I think it helped but hard to sayIJ Do ya think I am running too fastIJ

Brimfarms

I havent done either. How do ya increase the slope on the walkersIJ

Brimfarms

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like you have been where I am at before! I have a few questions. They may sound dumb but This is the first year on a 9000 series combine for me, I had just about got my ol' 7720 figured out when I traded it for the 9500. How do you increase the beater speed and how will I know what % mine is right nowIJ I may know a little about combines but I dont know what "rub bars" are please explain I am still learning. Also could I make a steel curtin myself or better off buying one from deereIJ My rasp bars are in really good shape (95% or better) but I have never checked the concave clearance. Sounds like I have a lot too learn yet...

augers

Rub bars and rasp bars are one and the same.Just local dialect I suppose.