Combines What is status of birotor combine bookIJ

STSMAN

I think that the STS concept will hang on until about 2009 with upgrades and maybe a model number change(70series)in 2007 to keep it alive vs rival CASE IH 8010. I really beleive that DEERE will want to introduce the All NEW Bi-Rotor combines with the FIRST All NEW CABS etc..after the STS's are fully retired..unless Deere keep making them along side an All New machine, which I doubt,so by 2009-2010 we should see SOMETHING NEW from Deere,if not the BI-ROTOR combine,maybe some form of it or some SUPER STS..etc..this seems about right.

STSMAN

I think that the STS concept will hang on until about 2009 with upgrades and maybe a model number change(70series)in 2007 to keep it alive vs rival CASE IH 8010. I really beleive that DEERE will want to introduce the All NEW Bi-Rotor combines with the FIRST All NEW CABS etc..after the STS's are fully retired..unless Deere keep making the STS along side an All New machine, which I doubt,so by 2009-2010 we should see SOMETHING NEW from Deere,if not the BI-ROTOR combine,maybe some form of it or some SUPER STS..etc..this seems about right.

Cutter

I doubt that the STS will be retired anytime soon! I'm sure that we will see a bi-rotor type combine emerge in a decade or so. Who the manufacturer will be is not as certain. My guess would be that a bi-rotor, with its nearly pure Fc operation will most likely suit the soon to emerge specialty markets of highly value added grains containing pharmaceutical traits of medicinal value where harvested grain quality is the leading factor for success.

FarmBuddy

Illinois Gleaner, You are right, we still have not seen our "Dream Reaper" come true. Consequently, we have not made any money on it. The small amount of back pay that I got out of the deal has been used up trying to promote CHIS Combine Header Interface Standardization. I can't speak much for Mark and Ralph, but I don't think they got rich off the deere deal either. Anyway it was a fun project and we know it had viable potential, or else JD would not have bought it up. Hope some of the STSman post below prove to be accurate in the future, but we won't see any income from it.