Why Deal With China?

Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Farm Hand
Does anyone here know if the U.S. is so dependent on food crop imports and exports to and from China that we cannot stop dealing with them? If anything, find a suitable country as an alternative? The Covid crisis should have shown everyone how dangerous it is to deal with a country that does not tell their trading partners anything about what is going on their country. How on earth can we possibly know how safe things like soybeans are when China covers up and silences things?

RuralFarm

RuralFarm

Farm Hand
I think that China is a necessary trading partner, not only to the US but to other countries as well. It has positioned itself as a strategic export partner in most countries.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
I agree! I think that the US should figure out something different too. China did us a big disservice during this whole pandemic.

I, for one, am not buying any Chinese products.

Trubadour

Trubadour

Farm Hand
We all have to get into the habit of not buying a lot of cheap stuff, but rather a modest amount of quality items. You won't be spending more, you wont have clutter and you won't be giving China any money. This is what I do. I make it a point to check the "Made In" label.

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
I agree with everyone about watching what you are buying. I try to stay away from anything that doesn't say Made in USA. I try to buy local as often as I can. I don't know why our leaders aren't trying to find alternatives.

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
China's trading practices aren't the best, but the rest of the world watched as the country employed unfair trade practices, including currency manipulation. Will it be easy to stop it in its tracks now, and what will be at stake?