Why the rush to gun stores

bluestyle11

Right, except when was the last time the government has ordered a shut down of businesses, ordered social distancing, and are giving daily press conferences? My point is that this is not being treated as a "normal flu" epidemic. The media is not what is once was either, they live on fear an panic. It's still about clicks and viewers for them even some are still about their social agenda.

Your references are much too dated and was always perceived as a fiction by most in those times. There are a lot of people who believe a lot of these shows and movies are more non-fiction than fiction.

I am not saying it is a good thing, or that panic is rational thinking. But here in NY where it is the worst in the country; our governor is on TV everyday telling us the worst is to come yet and we do not have the resources to help everyone.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Times are changing maybe some feel more secure protecting there love etc.

Kathy

Kathy

Farm Hand
I wondered the same thing. It could be concern over home invasions. I can't imagine what the sudden rush is.

I think people just like feeling like they can control something right now with so much uncertainty. But it's not going to be a good situation if newbies are buying guns and not receiving the proper training.

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Farm Hand
This whole thing is just the typical snowball effect that is based on emotion rather than logic and reason. Monkey see monkey do. One person freaks out and the crowd follows, assuming the first person had reason.

We treat education in America like a red-headed step child and this is what we get. Educate yourselves to the facts the CDC puts out and just calm down.

Shropshire Mike

Good to see such a sensible debate on this topic. Help out your community should be our first response.

Rik

Now April 3rd. If you haven't yet taken this serious you might want to start. Many folks are running around as if nothing is wrong and they could be carrying this mess and giving it away to the other careless knuckleheads. As a prepared couple, we are out in the sticks away from the hussle... have had the life sustaining essentials for over 20 years and do our best to be self sufficient. If and when family and friends are in need they know who will help. If strangers show up they are met with a warm but very careful welcome. It helps to live debt free within your means and have the instruction book for life worn out and followed. There is NO FEAR here at our 96 acres. Wishing all of you well and praying for those affected, some folks are really hurting out there with lost loved ones .... Godspeed! Please go wash your hands after reading this. : )