Combines Yield Monitor question for Minn62

MinnR62

I am very satisfied with the moisture sensor on our Ag leader. I used to own a micro trak and I could be mistaken here but I believe the Ag leader uses the same moisture sensor as the Micro Trak. Ours worked fine again this year and this year seemed to have more temperature swings than normal. Sorry I cannot be of more help. Hope someone else on this forum can be of more help than me.

Nobul

We have the Agleader with the sensor mounted on the grain elevator. Is fairly consistent with the elevator given the variation within the field (+_- 2-3%) and the particular sample taken at the elevator.Always seemed to be chasing wheat readings tho. Soys and corn more consistent. Elevator mount is supposed to reduce build-up of trash and green slime_waxes as compared to bin auger set-up,giving more accurate readings.

ahbecalm

Follow up question: I should have asked this the first time, I assumed the Agleader was a better system than the 1995 MicroTrak so I didn't ask, are you satiafied with the bushel countIJ

MinnR62

I believe the Ag leader is just a better all around system. I also use it on our planter to monitor gallons per acre of starter fertilizer and map where I plant diferent varieties. I like the SMS mapping software. I like the screen on the Ag leader. I have been able to map new tile lines with it. The way Ag leader calculates yield is much more accurate than the Micro Trac did, the Ag leader uses a diferent cal. number for different flow rates so the accuracy is better in variable yielding fields. Hope this helps. I am very satisfied with the Ag leader count. last year it was just under 2% off on our corn.

ahbecalm

Thanks for giving us a comparison between MicroTrak and Agleader. I wonder if any users of the newer Fieldstar are as well pleasedIJ