Combines 8780XP

• Thread starter SilverTurnedGreen
  • Start date

Illinois_Gleaner

If you know so much about Gleaner what models and wear are the Gleaners breaking at IJ Why if Gleaners are so bad do every one have to rip on them sure makes you wonderIJ

mx270

I would be running gleaner but my nearest dealer is 25 miles away always liked gleaners cause of the grain tank capacity and the hp the engines put out

John

I didn't say they weren't reliable, jut giving the known facts here. And why are there so many old Gleaners 20 or more yrs old still out there working when the NH is worn outIJ Where is your TR70 that is the same age as my N6IJ My neighbor was the last one to have a running one here! Give me numbers and good facts and make me a believer. MF 750 is older and more alive than the NH in this area. And the 1400 series IH well out number the early 80's NH's for still in service. I haven't had a single panel wear through or a weld break on my 19 yr old Gleaner, must be the poor quality that you speak of and the cheap tin.

TwinRotor

My uncle had bought a new 1996 massey 390T and that thing was the biggest pile of junk i had ever seen. The A_C went out 4 times. It had numerous oil leaks, the alternator went out, the steering went out three times, the clutch was slipping when he traded it off and then the someone else bought it and he had to start working on it the day he got it. Also i've seen an older farmer put a TR86 through some things no massey would ever last through.

John

Anybody knows that when production leaves the North American soil that "Quality" goes down. Why do you think there has been such a problem with Massey and now Agco with the end of White_Allis production in the US has brought about such bad feelings. Agco brought the quality of the White_Allis to the European Massey standard and then expected the US farmer to buy them. They did do something right by bringing the production of the Massey combine back to the NA soil in Hesston. Had they had any sense at all, they would of never closed the White plant and kept on making the White_Allis out of there and it would of sold much better to the American farmer. Remember they had already converted most of the AC people to the White design in the Deutz Allis. But then the Agco execs aren't known to listen to the customer or dealers. Deutz didn't listen to the customers or dealers either and they had a long successful life on the US market with the Deutz Allis. New Holland people, do you really think that Fiat is going to keep 2 brands of combines running for very long or are they going to be like Agco and Axial Flow does sell better!

combineman

Got a 1980 1460 with 12,000 hours on it and have never replaced a piece of tin.In fact the tin still looks new.

TwinRotor

I've seen this older farmer that had this TR86 run it off into ditches and have one a front wheel off the ground spinning in the air. They would push logs off the field with corn head, and while cutting beans, go through thick foxtail and talls weeds and not slow down. Although the combine never slowed it had the power to keep the rotors spinning and not plug. While riding with hired man a rock went through we heard a grunt and it didn't hurt anything. You do all that with a massey and who knows what would happen to it. I saw this same combine still running strong last fall.

kidroff

I've cut fields where you couldn't even see the wheat with my 760, pig weeds, sunflowers, foxtail you name it. My unlce who has 3 1680's and a 2188 said none of his combines can handle weeds like a Massey can.

mx270

dont trash the CIH combines too much just remember where WFE got their AXIAl idea from