Combines 9860

tobaboy

I think it will depend on what kinds of crops you thresh and under what conditions. Dealer support should also be taken into consideration. We run a 480r, the thing is rock solid and the dealer support great, this past year we averaged 18a_sep hr in cereals, pulses and oilseeds. Never run a 9860, but I'm sure it will compare.

800_RMK

GREAT POST!!! I come here to get helpful ideas and learn some things to help me, With the help of some very successful people. NOT a bunch of bickering and fighting.

greenman

We have a 9860 we did soybeans and averaged 20 aceres a hour with a 35 foot head.

tobaboy

Have you threshed anything else with itIJ How did it compare to what you had beforeIJ

greenman

I did corn also and averaged 15 acrers an hour.WE had a 9610 and it worked good but it was a little low on power when we did soybeans so we put a power chip in and it was fine. Excellent capacity, especially in corn. It had more capacity than what the clean elevator can handle.

Wind

I don't think there are too many out in the wheat harvest. Just seems to be too large of combine for that application. It is a pretty good waste of power in lower yielding crops. Course if one had a 42' draper, that would be of great help in keeping it full. It is mostly a corn and soybean machine IMHO. That said, I think AZ Cutter is running one.

Cutter

"Too large!" It's the same size machine as the 9660 and 9760 STS's, just with 4.4 litres more on the engine. I have yet to see a 9860 STS perform at a level that justifies its cost increase over and above that of the 9760. All you are really paying for are those additional engine litres and a slightly larger unloading system, which I have yet to see the cost value in either feature that Deere is asking.

Wind

Well then, get ready for more cost on the 9760. The high unloading rate is standard there this coming year, and now optional on the 9660. At least for the time being, you won't see any change on the 9560. Sounds like the 9660 will be the machine of choice on the wheat harvest for some time to come. What is the cost up for the High Unload systemIJ