Combines cat vs john deere

SAlESMAN

GO WITH THE CAT. I THINK THAT THE deere9750STS IS NOT EVEN ClOSE TO THE CAT. THE SEPERATING AREA ON THE STS IS ACTUAllY SMAllER THAN THE THE 9650 WAlKER MACHINE, PlUS I'VE BEEN HEARING OF AlOT OF RElIABIlITY PROBlEMS (I'M SURE DEERE WON'T ADMIT IT). I THINK THE CAT WIll REAllY SHINE WHEN YOU INTO TOUGH CONDITIONS. GOOD lUCK ON WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, THEY ARE All TOO EXPENSIVE.

bm

The CAT will go faster because it's a Class 8 combine compared to Deere's 9750sts which is a class 7 combine. (CAT has around 60 more hp.) Another reason that it will go faster is because it is a EUROPEAN combine that is made to AGGRESSIVElY combine European cereal crops, and therefore it is more apt to damage the crops than other machines are. Here's a couple facts everyone thinking about a CAT combine should know...they have 82 daily grease zirks! Wow!!! 82 of them!!! That's what the OM says, and to get to maintenance points, you have to carry around a ladder from one side to the other. How many people would have these combines if they were painted lime and orangeIJ

Rooster

82 grease zirks per day, what are you smokingIJIJIJ I will have you know, there are only 7 grease zirks that require daily, 10 hour servicing (per the lexion Operations and Maintenance Manual).

harvester

You must be drinking some strong beer and going around and around your combine in a daze then. As i have a 480 and i have not greased that amount in a day .There i wondered what all that noise was ha ha .

bm

Sorry gentlemen for getting you so aroused. I guess I mis-stated that, and it's 82 grease zirks by 100 hours, and yes guys, that's still a lot. Three times more than is on an STS, and the CAT has 105 total grease zirks that need greased at some point in time compared to 40 total on the Deere. This is all true. Checked facts, then checked 'em again. Have a good year guys!

Rooster

You are jumping to conclusions, where did you get your manual for this combineIJ As time (hours used on the machine) progresses, so does the number of grease zerks needing attention. But, at no time would you ever have to grease 82 zerks.

bm

I never said they all had to be done at once, I'm just saying that's a lot of grease zirks, and with that many, you'd surely have a few nooks and crannies to get to and a lot of them to remember where they're at.

ricefarmer

While greasing any piece of equipment is not a glamoris job I'll take a greaseable bearing,bushing,or whatever it may be any day My two cents