Combines cylinder bars

Randy

When I bought this machine it had a 2 row cornhead on it. It has 8 of the "angle" rasp bars and the other 8 are flat with teeth(rasps). The flat ones bolt onto the spiders in between the angle bars.I'm not sure what they're for. I think I'll only put the 8 angle bars back on. Thanks

JJS

Thr flat rasp bars are filler bars used for running corn.I leave them in my 860 when i run wheat and they don't seem to bother.But I don't run very much wheat.

Russ

Sounds to me like someone has used rasp bars for corn filler bars. That would probably work as the bolt holes have the same spacing. Maybe somewhere in the hisory of MF there was a flat rasp bar used in this mannor.

Randy

Would the flat bars(filler bars) help to move material through the concaves or would they tend to hold the material on the concaves longerIJ What is their purposeIJ

JJS

The filler bars were used to keep the unthreshed ears of corn out of the center of the cylinder. Joe

Chad

Give loewen a call, they supply both flat and angle and can likely help you out. loewenmfg.com 800-667-5082

kidroff

With a MF 300 it probably doesn't matter, I mean it can't get much smaller so put all the bars in there, I usually try to dress up my toys when I play with them too.

Sandy_lake_Implement

leading edge will look worn back or blunted,crown across the center of the bar will wear away. They

swede

loewen Mfg. makes a corn and soybean bar with only half as many ribs.It is made for large seeded grains.Don Estes,the Disrupter guy sells cut-out bars by taking in used bars,grinding out every other rib and building up the remaining ones again.They pull the crop through with less damage.I have used them on a 1440 since I bought it several years ago.They save on power and I don't hear rotor rumble.Hope this helps.

lblindsey

I use the wide spaced bars such as those made by Trimpe in Seymore, In. Every other tooth is ground off the bars and the remaining teeth are built up much higher and hard surfaced.I put these on an F and it greatly increased the capacity, especially in beans with green weeds. Have them on the M2 I use now and would not go to the field without them.