Combines deere headers

Hillbilly

Anyone run the new flex headers in wheat yetIJ How are they working in wheatIJ Any problems to warn me aboutIJ Thanks Hillbilly

rf

looking for a pick up reel for 224 header. mine is worn out and has the wooden bats.

Doc_Holiday

I am interested in fitting a JD224 flexhead on my 1480 IH combine. Building the adapter plate should not be a huge issue, however I am curious about the proper operating speed for the head. Does anyone know what the header drive shaft speed is for a JD combineIJ Any other pointers about doing thisIJ Thanks! Doc

KGM

I'm having trouble with the snapper roll, gathering chain slip clutch, on the left side, wanting to slip in heavy or wet stalk conditions. last year was my first year with a JD combine and head so I was wondering where I start to fix this, what to look for, if this is a reoccurring problem. Is it easy to get outIJ I did notice last fall the jaws were covered with oil. Must be from the drive chains on the end of header under the cover. I run around 300 acres a year corn with it. I'll be fixing soon. I can't put up with that this year. Thanks

cropduster

Has anyone an opinion on Deere's or Calmer's trash reduction kits for cornheadsIJ They consist basically of plastic paddles that attach to the gathering chains.

Corn_Man

one 922 finger reel 4 yr. old excellent shape for sale $1800.00, Ripley, Ont.

just_d

I have a JD 643 corn head with the standard small tin flares that are to keep ears from flying out the front. In certain, almost all the time I see ears flying out just over the middle of the top. If I put some rubber irrigation hose that curls hard one way installed so it curls inward so can drag ears over it and because it is pretty slick surface I think I can raise this area 4-6 inches especially if ear hits the edge and drives it back. Has any one done this or would this not workIJ What do all you wonderful gurus think of this ideaIJIJIJIJ