Combines deere headers

kinetic

Has anyone ever seen or used 2 inch sections on a rigid platformIJ I have heard of it, but want more information. It is supposed to decrease wear on the sections and wobble box(which definitely leaves something to be desired). The stroke of the wobble box stays at 3 inches while you use the 2 inch sections. I am not sure if you switch to 2 inch guards or if that defeats the purpose. Also, does inverting every other section help with wearIJ We have had all sorts of problems keeping things together on a 930 header in tough wheat conditions. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. thanks.

Chad

We arerunning a9500 and 9510 and have been running 220 platforms.The platforms are worn out and we are getting ready to trade them.Iwant to know is there anyone running 30 footers on these machinesIJWe are from S.C and will be cutting beans and wheat.Also has anyone run the new 930F or the 925F with the fingers the length of the augerIJwould you get the hydraulic fore and aft optionIJAny advice would be appreciated.

Blaze

Has anybody ran a new JD draperIJ If so, did you like it or notice an increase in ground speedIJ

KAM

I have a 1991 9500 and while combining corn in Northeast Iowa, I had problems with corn going over the straw walkers. I use a 643 corn head and have the beater curtain in and have 4 set of risers on the walkers. I also have the concave inserts out. The only thing I can figure is with the corn stalks being so dry last fall I was getting alot of trash through the machine. Would new rolls and stripper plates help. I've welded up the rolls before and the stripper plates have a 1_4 inch wear in them. Thanks.

farmboy

FOR SAlE: 1997 MacDon 36' 960 harvest header c_w pickup reels, transport package, and JD adapter.

exgreen

I would like to know if any 930 Rigid users change the pulley on the backshaft that drives the wobblebox to the larger size, and also does anyone set the cutter bar in the forward positionIJ Thanks

KK

Does anybody know the factory horsepower for the 6620,7720, and 8820 J.D combines

jak

Would a 30 foot flex platform work for cutting wheatIJ What about milo, would you still need milo guards. thank you

jak

Would a 30 foot flex platform work for cutting wheatIJ What about milo, would you still need milo guards. thank you

fish

I have a 924 JD header, I'm looking at a 30' header. Does anyone have any comments on Macdon, JD, or HoneyBee in comparison.