Combines deere settings

oakboy

I have a 97 9600 with fine cut chopper 30 ft cut.Run in wheat barley canola.I have some loss over the walkers needless to say mostly in barley.I'm not overly conserned but would like to know n of seeds per. bu.it takes on the ground.Also the chopper seems to file the barley out the sides of the fine cut in two strips. Next to nothing down the middle.I can put more through this machine but need to know what I'm losing to decide whats exceptable. Thanks in advance.

Brian

I have a 1982 4420 spike tooth with 213 head and 444 corn head. We run 1.5 mph in corn and soybeans we run in 2nd gear.We are needing to do some overhaul in the thresing and seperator. Does anyone have any advice on what we need to do. Thanks Brian.

Nick

We bought a used 9650 walker combine with a nonadjustable airfoil chaffer. We grow wheat, oats, canola, canaryseed, soybeans and corn. Do I want this chafferIJ If I do, any fan speed recomendations for various cropsIJ

jutnut4020

Just wandering what are your typical ground speedsIJ I am harvesting with an 1982 7720 with a 643 corn head and 216 platform head. We typically run in 170-210 bu_acre corn and 45-65 bu_acre beans. What are your ground speeds with your other settingsIJ I try to run 3.5 to 4 mph in corn and 3.1 to 3.5 mph in beans.

deeredriver

looking to grow edible beans next year and was wondering if anyone knew if you had to change the feed excellerator plates from the serated to smooth. I know the book says to, but was wondering if anyone has tried it without changing them. Thanks

green4ever

Pretty basic question, but why am I losing wheat on the walkersIJ Cylinder at 950 loaded, concave pulled up fairly tight,filler plates were in but are now out, but wheat is still going over. We are dropping the straw so I can see that the wheat is threshed, but not getting to the seives. Any thoughtsIJ

thefoolishfarmer

My 6620 Titan 2 has touble with the walkers getting full of stalks and slipping the clutch before it will eventually feed on through. The fodder is dry and I'm running a 6 row head in about 140 bu corn at about 2.5 mph. What should I look for to make this machine run better than it is IJ It seems like this problem started rather suddenly.

combine_runner

What are the optional settings for harvesting dry, green soybeansIJ Moisture levels are approx. 10%, but it is getting alot of butterbeans and wet hulls in the bin. When the grain enters the feederhouse it sounds like it's going to choke it up because the stalks are still green but the beans are dry.I need to know if anybody has run into this problem and what they run fans,concave,cylinder speeds,and seperator on.

toosh

I can only get about 2.5 mph out of our 6620 in 180 bushel corn before I start geting alot of whole corn coming over the tailings. I have the top wide tooth chaffer open about 3_8 to 1_2 inch and the bottom sieve all the way open. I am also running the fan as fast as it will go. I think we need a larger combine or would a loewen air sieve help with capacityIJIJ

DMM

We have a '91 9400 with a 6 row 30 in head. In 180 bushel corn at 18% it seems to grind the corn. The cylinder is as slow as it goes 280 RPM and concave about 5. If I open the concave anymore it leaves kernals on the cob. Any suggestionsIJ