Combines gleaner mods

dirtrulz

We are in the proccess of putting a 2002 R-62 into grass seed. This will be the first gleaner in grass in our area. I haved already blanked the bottom half of concave and blanked the seperator concave also. We have the small seeds kit installed. We are contemplating adding more helical bars over blanked seperator concave and on discharge and are also thinking of blocking off cage. Has anyone tried this or have other suggestions it would be appreciated. We will be running in many grass verieties such as needle grass, bluegrass, and others I don'tnknow yet.

DaveC

Need to replace my bars---has anybody had expience with loewen bars from sloanexpress. Any other advice is more than welcome. Thanks in advance. Dave

dwilken

Depending on how hard the grass threshes I have opened up (left blanks out) on the front of the concave and put blanks on the back of the concave. The rear concave blanks need to the same height as the concave so as to make the rear of the concave smooth and not grind up any more straw than necessary. Take off the rear deflector behind the chaffer (one with the fins on ) you don't need it in grass--not enough wind to be able to deflect the chaff. Put on some eye protection and walk behind the combine while it is running. You will be able to see where the chaffer is being overloaded and then put in a distribution auger troughs to change the way the material is delivered to the chaffer to get an even spread. It's very important to make sure the right side of the chaffer isn't overloaded, that is where the majority of your good seed is.

larry

How much should the feederhouse plugIJ I got some green stem beans and I'm getting tired of backing the stuff out. Header lumps it up some but just seem like it should eat it better than it does.

notiller

does anyone know of a chaff spreader for an M or where i can get oneIJ THANKS

80stech

Has anyone tried running all rub bars and no paddles across the discharge endIJ It looks to me like the paddles do more harm than good by try to compress the straw and lump it togther as much as throw it to the chopper! I have 3000 hrs. on my R-62 and the backing bars are all bent were the paddles are mounted. It's obvious that there is a bottle-neck created at this point. Why even use 1_2 paddlesIJ

Dale_Gribbel

The hyper mods open the concave up ,but we have allways run around 5 filler bars on the concave. Just wondering what is the right way to go. This is an 84 N6.

Glean

New R65 doing edible beans started having a problem with hydro drive in higher gears lets say 3rd gear 2 wheel drive push the hydro forward combine starts moving (duh) but it's like elastice maybe 500 ft. before combine catches up with hydro lever position no power demand from engine first thing I did change filters no help, called the dealer did presure tests everything is normal, changed poppet valve in charge filter head. changed oil nothing helped ran it for a week like that, dealer decided to put new hydro in but the day before he gets here I notice everything is fine that was three weeks ago anybody ever have a problem like that

jstewart

What will cause the sickle drive (sickle head) to break on a F315 headIJ It was timed right, but broke two in little of no time. Wobble box need rebuiltIJ Also, does anyone have a source for the solenoid on the reel speed pumpIJ Thanks, Jared