Combines gleaner settings

Art

Wondered if you guys had some suggestions for setting up combine in spring wheat. Have harvested some soft white last week and am starting dns soon as rain quits. Everything is tough to thresh this year(3 or 4 rolls in hand to get most out). Winter wheat was cashup sw variety and its notoriously hard to get threshed. 1983 N-7, good bars and grate. using 5 cover strips(4 in winter wheat)(couldn't get white caps out otherwise). Cyl speed 1090. concave opening at 1_2 to 3_8". I tried the neighbors recommendation of 3_4" at 750 and then speed it up, but couldn't get it clean. How do you guys go about setting up for hard threshing wheat

sidekick

Have noticed on a previous post about settings on a K combine. I have a Model E that I believe is similiar.

Silver_seeder

I`ve started having trouble with the grain coming back out the front feeder housing on an N5. I remember having this problem some time ago but can`t recall what was done to rectify the problem. Can anyone jog my memory so I can get harvestingIJ

Art

Dan, the adjustments worked o.k in spring wheat. I was looking at your "upgrade" to the N-7 and wondered how much of the options had to be done, or if a certain set was important. One concern was with the reverse bars. In our hills(45%) we use them to keep grain from moving too fast out the left end when it is downhill(so I'm told by the dealer). Will I have problems if I do the upgradeIJ We cut SW winter wheat,sw spring wheat and barley. I am currently cutting safflower. (The only easy threshing crop we had this year). We dry out quick at harvest and usually stay dry(9-12%). What are the downsides to the upgradesIJthanksArt

Jeff

Have a '92 R62 with short shoe. Have trouble overloading chaffer with small cob pieces. Am using long square end chaffer, pulled every other wire from concave and sep.grate, have all forward bars. If I open chaffer too far I end up with too many cobs-too flat and I run corn out the back. Air is on 6 to 7, tried concave space from 9 to 12, rotor speed from 260 to 400. Am running 1800 to 2200 bu._hour on the monitor with 8-38 corn head. Seems like shoe is very sensitive and I get too many cob pieces from rotor. Have tried what I can think of to get less cobs on shoe--anyone have any adviceIJ Also, is this in the ballpark for capacity for an R62IJ Thanks alot.

Karlin

Just wondering if the N6 will combine alfalfa seed and how you set them for it. Thinking of buying one for next year.

ttippin

I'm sorry to have to post this, but I just bought a K and I am having to do a lot of work to it. I cannot find the serial n. Where did they put itIJ

tbg

i have 98 r62 combine 8row corn head, and hills. it just dont have enough power. can i get this engin turned up 20 or 30 hp. thank you. tbg

Al

Hello Today we started harvesting barley with our N6 and had some trouble getting it into feeder house without bits getting flicked out by the reel. It seems there was a lot getting behind the front (Header) auger so we lowered it and it improved it a lot but its still happening. The crop is a bit short which doesn't help. This is the first time we used it on barley and other than the feeding problems its working great. any suggestionsIJ Thanks

kandj

We just got a 81 N6 with NO operators manual Need help on settings for wheat ASAP ,its ready and we`re not.