Combines gleaner settings

txfarmer

My 81 N6 has a 24 ft wheat header, I am leaving heads on the ground. I have adjusted everything I could think of to minimise the loss. It seems the problem could be resulting from several things. The header drum not steadily flowing wheat fast enough into the feeder. I have tried lowering it a bit. I have lowered the header beaters, and reduced the clearance. I havent been able to determine a suitable gear ratios, ground speed, enginge rpms, and beater speed suitable to stop the loss. Could anyone tell me what the norm is on these things, and what works best for you. My fan is set at or above 7, Cylinder rpms are around 800. I am having trouble loacating the settings for the concave, sieve, and chaffer, are located. Could someone draw me a picture on all the neccesary settings for wheat, I am lost. And I also cant figure out how the pacer works. I dont have a manual and I am running blind. If you could write me one in your reply I would be deeply greatful to you. Thanks

farmboy

can someone helpIJ I thought I had saw an add for plastic chaffers to fit an n6, now cant find ad. Does anyone have any knowlege of these and do they hold up in soybeans and corn

peana

Have 82 N6 to harvest tall fescue-need settings for top chaffer,bottom seive,air with small seed kit installed-can tall fescue be harvested with factory chaffer and seiverIJ-also am thinking of buying airfoil chaffer rigid or adjustableIJ

KB

Problems with knife breaking on 300 series fronts reaping wheat,also knife box failures.Can anybody help'

kurtk

How fast do you run your cylinder and concave opening. What would the sieve and chaffer be. The combine is an 1981.

NatureCreekFarm

Anyone have experience with the K in buckwheatIJ I know the book says you need the screens, but I seem to have some luck with the sieve closed and the chaffer at 1_2". I'm getting a lot of shatter, even with the cylinder opened up to 3_8. Any suggestionsIJ P.S. Anyone with a scourkleen availableIJ

joyce

we need to know how where the rock door light is on our combine. i'm looking this up for my father in law thanks for your help

craig

I have been driving my uncles M2. I does not feed well at all. We have been cutting milo and having to drive very slow. It tries to slug all the time. can somebody help me with the settings. Thank you

Sl

WHATS THE EASIEST WAY TO PUT ON AND TIME THE PUMP ON AN F- GlEANER DIESEl,AND WHAT ARE THE TIIMING SETTINGS HAVE NO BOOK,MY MECHANIC BAIlED ON ME!THANKS Sl.

Madfarmer

I was wondering if anyone had a good setting for the machine in flax. I put a 4" piece of aluminum on the rear of the seive and no small seed kit. Please be specificIJIJ thank you. Do not need till end of July-august so feel free to respond..