Combines Harvest Help

weber

I am good here I just got a new 2388 and I havent gotten the chance to run it yet but hopefully by Thursday I can break it in. I am pretty excited this is my first brand new machine in the past I have always bought low houred ones. I sure would make room for you thats for sure. Anyway how did the 8010 work out for you, hopefully all went well. Do you still have the 2188 alsoIJ Probably hard to run the 8010 then get back in the 2188. Sure seems like a lot of hype on here about the 8010s kinda sounds to me like a few blow hards here and there but I guess thats what always comes along with new stuff. I just chose to stick to the good ole reliable 2388 and If I can get my 2188 sold and my other 2388 sold I will probably buy another afx 2388, I hope it performs well.. Anyway good hearing from you and hope all goes well for you....

Unit5

Well, the wife just vetoed the Colorado plan. Didn't even get off the ground. Probably for the best, the boy hasn't slept all night since, i don't know, 2003!!! I looked over a new 2388 getting prepared for harvest. They just keep making them better. I liked how they moved the unloader grease zerks. We really like the 8010 sure is nice to run one combine in corn. We ran the 2188 everyday during the soybean harvest. The 2188 is different but it fits like a glove. We ran the both combines in the same field on a custom job in corn. That was tough for the cart driver, I didn't even have time to pee. When you look at them both it is unreal how different these machinces are. I think you made a good choice with the 2388. You wouldn't believe how much extra stuff (oil filter, 2 fuel fliters, etc) you need on hand. We can get by but you're on the road. Another thing is all the n%and* metric bolts!! Maybe when harvest is over I could slap a FEDEX sticker on the combine and ship it out west to you!!!

weber

Sounds good to me... I rode in an 8010 last fall and at the time I sure thought I wanted one but I figure I will give them a few more years and maybe FARMERTONY will get them all dialed in and then I will buy one. I just dont think you can beat a 2388 they may not be the biggest and cut the most acres but I will say after all of the 2188s and 2388s I have had they are one very good reliable combine. Well I have to go for now I am on my way down to harvest some corn so I will keep you posted on how the afx works out for me and hope the rest of the harvest and year goes well for you...