Combines How to lower high hours

Deerebines

Kinda hard to get away with when all you have to do is look at the serial number and know better. Deerebines

riceman

Not if you think about it. Somebodys upgrading and sees a clean freshly painted planter and it just doesn't dawn on them to check it out more thouroughly. A 96 model combine could become a 97 easily. Theres not much to distinguish them apart other than the serial n. Most auctions I have been to I have never seen people checking serial ns. A year newer machine might be worth a little more at sale.

Deerebines

Good case and point riceman. I never thought of it that way. Just for the heck of it though I am going to go out to the dealership monday and see if I can order one of those. I'll let you know monday whether it's a dealer thing or not. Deerebines

Farmer_R

This is in reply to Crocodile Dundee from Aussie land who wanted to lower the number of hours on his Case IH machines. You have received a lot of criticism from the "Holier Than Thou" Yankee farmers. One thing about it, with John Deere Credit and their high American subsidies, they never have to worry about high hours on their machines. The irony of it all is that they receive more subsidies than any other farmer on this planet! There is not anyone of them that would not do the same thing if they were desperate enough. I'll put my soapbox away...I hope to hear from all of you hypocrites! Farmer Ron P.S. I have never received a subsidy and I have never turned back the hours on my machinery!!!! So there...EH!!!

mo_farm

Personally i,m getting a little tired of farmers from other countries complaing about our subsidies.

Deerebines

Mo-Farm I agree with you. No longer than I've been at this endeavor called farming I've got to take the lpd's and gov't payments to keep ahead of the game. What I'm wondering and perhaps the aussie's can give more imfo on, is, what kind of taxes do they payIJ How much higher of a grain price can they get for the same wheat because thier gov't doesn't have embargo's on half the world. What does it cost there a year for living expenses. It's a different game on two different continents and after that I've written enough. Chances are MG will delete it anyways seeing how it has nothing directly to do with red combines. Deerebines

parksy

what happens if you started paying normal rent say $25 and say buy land at $1500