Combines Reverse Bars

DAB

I am running a Gleaner N7 in hard red winter wheat, and I have recently stacked both thresher and separator helical bars.

4_Star

I also am considering going all forward bars. We currently are running 2- R-62's and 2-R70's. Power has generally not been a problem grain loss from rotor very minimal in worst conditions. Mainly it would be nice to have a smoother flow as Dan has mentioned. Currently going through machines and installing extended cylinder bars and rasp on P-3's.

tbran

yes, didn't work. For everything that does help there are a hundred that didn't. The closest thing to this is a part sold by the Gleaner division in Aus. down under. I saw the print Dan sent to us and it has a bar with every third bar straightened and raised in tooth like fashion similar to a semicircle and call it a 'slicer ' bar. Got to keep the stuff moving through with out wadding it up,.

tbran

Actually I THINK the reverse bars over the thresher were for the new CDF cyl. We have not run any reverse bars, leave them out and install the 'chopper' knives in the center hole for the cylinder bar that is now absent. See the picture under 'hyper mods'. The service dept has now come out with a 'kit' reccomendation which removes 1_2 of the helicals over the rear panel left of the thresher grate and installs 'disruptors' at 90 degrees which are cylinder bars cut to fit inbetween helicals.

NDDan

Cylinder bars can be removed and replaced w_o removing cylinder. Concave can be swung open by removing just two pins (be ready with crowbar to gently let concave down). If rock sump is installed you will need to remove left and right seal for door (If we have rock sumps installed we have the left and right seal cut to allow side arms of concave to clear as we let it down so we don't need to remove seals). To remove and replace bars on seperator side you can remove door just behind seperator grate. Do you have both your reverse bars spinning in row A next to discharge or one in A and one next row over (row B)IJ Fuel fail is bad wire to fuel level sending unit or the sending unit itself. Good luck

mickyd

reverse bars in a and b wondering if filler bars in first three rows of concave would help with green pods in soys. are they available for high wide concaveIJ thanks James McDonald

NDDan

Your likely going to get along fine the way you are. You can easily swap out the reverse bars to forward at any time. You can even move them to thresher side easily if you wish. We rarely if ever use any reverse bars at all. Filler bars in first three spots will surely help thresh the green pods as well as snuging up front of concave a mark or two. A reverse bar in row C and D will also help to make a more complete thresh if that is a problem. Reverse bars in thresher side don't bother me so much with you helical mod setup. Bottom mount filler bars are available but they are a pain. I fabricate my own and fasten from the bottom. You can use angle iron to fill the slots and secure with single bolt threw drilled hole in cross bar. We use single hole in middle of angle iron filler. If you have the newer machine with cross brace below second cross bar you can make up long angle iron with a piece of flat iron added to it for length forward. Fasten this to the cross brace with three or four bolts and this will cover front two slots of concave. You can make something similiar to fasten to same cross brace to cover third and or fourth slots. Once you make this it can be easily removed and replaced. Good luck with new setup.