Combines rotor speed

sdfarmer15

I have been get the grease threw it.I was told by the dealer to take it apart and maby I have a broken springIJI am going to try this.

ndfarmne

I haven't run a New Holland but I would say to slow the rotor down. Canola threshes real easy. A conventional cylinder speed is 350.

Farm_Kid2

I think the OM specifies 1050 RPM max. Ours will run up to 1100 also. I would say you have it adjusted correctly.

little_al

This is good to know.What kind of rotor speed do i need for cornIJ I just need a starting point. Thanks al

johnboy

Nathan, 600 rpms on the twin rotors are not that fast. I don't know your crop conditions but we run a TR 99 beside an R72 and the 72 will have 900 to a 1000 rotor rpms' and the TR because of the smaller rotors will be doing 1300 + to do the same job of threshing in wheat. Of course beans are a lot slower in rotor speeds but we have had no troubles with cracking beans with the TR.

AGCOfan

So do you combine Black beans with your 99IJ Wanna know of at 60rpm they will still crackIJ First year growing them and don't wanna bring in a bad sample. Take care, Nathan