Combines rotor speed

johnboy

I'm not sure what your black beans are but we do have a black Mung Bean here that is very easy to split and yes I have used the TR in beans and it did O.K. but I tend to use the 72 when possible as I have special round hole sieves for it and I don't have to pull concave wires like I do with the TR99. I have never had any troubles with cracking grain with the TR99 rotors with their speed range ( 2 speed rotor box). I have had trouble in some hard to thresh wheat crops with white heads appearing in the sample but other colour combines beside me were having the same sort of grain sample troubles.

AGCOfan

This TR88 doesn't have a 2 speed rotor. Wanna get the rotor spinning slow but if 600rpm is low enough then we don't have to go out and install a gear box. Take care, Nathan

johnboy

Nathan, I was in low range with the rotor gearbox for sure when I used it, just can't remember what revs I was on though off hand.Those twin rotors do like a bit of speed to get through tough conditions.

AGCOfan

Thanks for the help. looks like a 2 speed gear box is needed. Take care, Nathan

johnboy

Nathan, is there someone in you area running a TR88 in beans that could give you a better idea for your conditions before you spend that extra moneyIJ

AGCOfan

Not in Edibles. Is a TR88 down the road but there straight corn, beans and wheat. Not that many NHs in the area. local NH dealer closed few years back. Closest is 45min away. Makes people change colour quickly with distance like that. Take care, Nathan

WTW

Have combined edible beans with TR96's for many years. You definately need the the 2 speed gearbox. The biggest challenge with harvesting edibles is to get dry straw and dry beans. Tough straw will not allow you to slow the rotors enough to do a good job on threshing and wet beans will smear up both the bubbleup and the unloading auger. Eliminating dirt at the front of the machine is a good idea too. We run a Sund pickup on a perforated header and a perforated plate in the feederhouse. We run universal concaves with only the large wires but others in this area also use the round bar concaves.

Countryboy

I was told that on my 8560 to not run below 300 rpm. Reason is that corn will bunch up between beater and front of rotor causing more cracked kernels and could possibly plug. I have been running between 400 and 450 in 16.5 corn with little cracking.

semnjoe

that is kinda what I was thinking about...that the beater could "grind" corn if the rotor isn't taking it away fast enough.