Combines setting the record straight on lexion vs sts

kidroff

When I drive my Cat combine I like to put my kitty up in the window so it can see the little mice hopping over the ground. You can't do that in a 9750.

SilverTurnedGreen

If I started giving my barn cats rides on the combine, the other barn cats would get jealous. If you're trying to tell me a CAT combine has a more spacious cab, that's fine. My Deere has ample room for the operator and one passenger, as does my Gleaner.

tj

farmboy, a couple of comments and questions. What "input" are you refering toIJIJ There is nothing on this thread that discuss performance differneces between the lexion and the STS. The lexion has been marketed in North America for 4 years now, has it notIJIJ How many are on the custom wheat harvestIJIJ I just returned from a 10 day work vacation with a old buddy and saw ZERO on the wheat run. Supposedly, Befort Harvesting runs two of your test_durabilty machines. Notice I said "Your", that is because I figure you work for Caterpillar. That assersion is base upon your comment in one of your responses about having been through every combine inside and out, front to back. I hear that Caterpillar owns at least two STS combines and has been evaluating them. If this is so, one final question. If this is a CaseIH combine painted Green, why bother with and engineering evaluationIJIJIJ

farm_boy

Jo JO mac, good reply, thank you. Sorry i did put 7.1 instead of 8.1 litre need to read my typing before i post it. Anyway if you are from Illinois, three dealers take care of illinois, and one is St louis and one is chicago, but the one that runs from litchfield to peoria to cedar rapids iowa, they are they ones that are going to have to get the combines moving, and from shat i hear they are building a ag store about 10 miles south of bloomington to get a centralized ag store. I think deere is waiting for cat to get out of the ag market. Cat spent somewhere around 200 million dollars last year on research and devolopment just on ag. to me that means that they are not going to fold up shop. they combine plant in omaha is still on schedule for 2002 production so there is a lot of postivives that cat is showing and hopefully when they get theat plant up it and start using some american sourced parts it will lower the price of that combine. Where cat is going to excel now is the 5000-10000 acre farmer who is worried about time to get the crop in, not the 500 acre farmer. I realize that this is a claas combine but in the world class is the n1 selling combine

tj

farmboy, you are dancing with the truth and fiction. Common sense tells me that your think you are working for an unaffiliated company, but Caterpillar has paid your company for services in one form or another. Have you seen a formal evaluation of the lexion and STSIJIJ You display a tremensous amount of ignorace when you state that Claas is the n1 combine in the world. Europe, yes the world NO. In addition, the twin rotors in the lexion are more a less a copy of the Deere CTS. The patented CTS was introduced in 1992, when was the lexion introducedIJIJ

tj

noticed there are 2 of us with the same initials using this talk show. Where are you fromIJ