Combines setting the record straight on lexion vs sts

farm_boy

I sure appreciate the comments and replys that i have gotten and I m not out to offend any persons choice of machinery or opinions

SilverTurnedGreen

I agree with you, which is why I firmly believe that you will see Deere curtail their roll-over program within the near future. I think CAT has done remarkably well (so far) with introducing the lexion in the North American market, especially with the track record,which Claas has possessed over the past 20+ years, looming over them. CAT is marketing their lexions on the premise that it will be a "CAT quality" machine with an extended life-span, compared to existing combines. I believe the other companies will have to follow this mindset, especially with exisiting commodity prices!

lope

Farmboy, nice comment about the Gleaner. That machine does have a bad rap.

farm_boy

That very well could be. I dont know if that is the total number sold the total number produced, the total number retailed, but i do remember both of them fellows saying that, but it all depends who you talk to i suppose.

farm_boy

Husingas do have one and it ran circles around that sts thing. They are around there is a couple more around them. i know that the dealer that sold it to husingas has 20 of them for this fall delivery so they will be around. ps i agree on the slam on the r72, really didnt care for it myself either

homer

Sounds like Farm Boy is a wolf in sheeps clothing, I know a salesmans line when I here one and this sounds like dealer rhetoric.

Raneverybrand

I have to say that when I ran the CAT480 combine it had alot of power,I give it that.But,it didn't do a great job.Everyone keeps saying how fast it goes threw the field..Hey look behind the combine,its not that great,had unthrashed cobs,free grain on the ground.Had the same grain damage as a 9610.Thats with the cat combine running the same speed as the 9750..both with 12 row heads on 190 bushel corn..Even the cat man was there setting the CAT..I'm not that empressed..I have ran every combine made.We run 3 combines on all our fields and I wouldn't buy anything else except deere.So to really set it straight.A CAT combine is a turned up 9610.Sorry Cat guys.Its the truth. Ryan