Combines Yield Monitor

scooter

Could you tell me which garmin reciever you usedIJ I know some producers are using this in yield monitoring and very happy. Would not uwork for parellel swathing, but I agree 8 ft is accurate enough for yield. In fact the neweest Al GPS 1000 is not a whole lot better than this. When we are running 25 or 30 equipment I am fairly sure this will work fine.

Charlie

We've tried the Garmin 3+, a Garmin Street Plus and the E-trex legend. All will work. The important part is antenea location for best reception. Had to mount the whole e-trex legend outside because it has an internal antenea. Need more info my e-mail is ellisce@missouri.edu

Goggs_from_Oz

Hey turbored, excellent system - reliable and accurate. I am in Australia and my company has 60+ of these units in the field during our cotton season and about 2 doz during the winter harvest season, which is due to start in the next month or so. I am the bloke who has to keep everything operating well and I can say without doubt that my job is made a lot easier simply by using the right technology from day 1!!

Goggs_from_Oz

Keith, I am answering you inquiry from Australia, so my answer may not be of much value to you, but in my opinion the Agleader is a preety simple, accurate and reliable system to use and I have retro fitted several 2188's and 2166's with the system with no drama's at all. For technical reliability I cannot fault it - we have about 60+ units in the field with no substantial down time. We take units out of headers (combines) and put them straight into our vehicles for doing our smart sampling for soil and nutrients and also run them in cotton pickers. We use the Agleader branded DGPS system and have found no problems with the 4100 series although the 3100's did have a few minor bugs. The 4100 is a lot more compact and useful for us. Hope this helps somehow, and anyone else that has any thoughts on what is the best of the best out there, I'm very interested to know. Regards, John Dale, Queensland Cotton

JAC

We run the Ag leader PF 3000 and are very pleased with it. If you decide on this one get the elevator mount moisture senser.

JohnTN

I have run a PF3000 for the last two years. liked it so well I am selling them now. I would highly recommend going with a unit using GPS. A reciever with WAAS differential can be added pretty inexpensively. If you're going to spend the money go ahead and log some data that can provide you useful information. In my area the single biggest problem that shows up on the maps are surface drainage. Nice to know exactly where the low yielding areas are. Email me if I can be of any help. John Cloar

DF

THE YM 2000 DOES FINE FOR WHAT YOU WANT, AND YOU CAN PUT GPS ON IT lATER. WE RAN ONE FOR TWO YEARS AND UPGRADED TO A PF3000. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY NEW I WOUlD SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY RIGHT UP FRONT AND GO All THE WAY.

Dave

I have and Agleader in an R50 and I like it. I installed myself, directions were great.

MinnR62

I read somewhere that Ag leader has used ones for sale, it might be worth looking into. Anyway I have had a Micro Trak and now a Ag leader. The Ag leader is great, tech support is great and the instructions for installation is second to no one. For example if you need to drill a hole, Ag leader provides the drill bit. Easy to calibrate and acurate. Checked my soybeans and it is less than 1% off. You can check www.agleader.com to see if they carry used ones.

trun

No, the greenstar is a option on 9500 series. Ag leader makes a good after market yield monitor. If the combine is newer than 97 the holes are already there for installation.