Combines 2200 series CORN HEADER IJ

• Thread starter red_rocket_2366
  • Start date

red_rocket_2366

The one I khow about looks like he drove at 12mph over the corn when I tryed his head I was traveling at 4mph.We didnot have time to waste trying to get it setup better.I would not worryto much,the dealer did not set the head up it is set from the factory.They sent a guy out to look at it and the guy neversetup a head before. Rodney

Mike_l

We have a 2208 that we have used only this season. The stalks are not cut up quite as much as a 1000 series head, but they are pretty severly trashed. It has a fast and slow gear box you could use depending on how fast you drive. I liked the long plastic snouts better than the 1000 series, and had no problems with the new head.

Stosh

I had the same concerns after seeing the fields run over by a deere. How can a company design, engineer, build, and sell a machine that leaves stalks like thatIJ They apparently never once asked a farmer's opinion. The first year of the 2200s had me thinking I didn't want one. But this year I used a 2208 and was really impressed with its performance, and not one bit concerned about the way it left the stalks. They were very similar to my previous 1000 head. I did drive at 4 mph and sometimes even slower...the corn really yielded high in some fields. I think deere is slow to conform to its customers needs, or they would have brought out a workable rotor about 20 years ago.

VQ35DE

Stosh, Was the 2208 header run on HIGH or lOW on the 2-speed feeder driveshaft gearboxes of the headerIJ

Stosh

I ran the whole season on the low speed...never saw a need to even try the high speed. I was told to use the high speed shaft for higher ground speed, but never experimented with it.

VQ35DE

STOSH, So before I trade 2-1083's for 2-2208's, you are telling me that after one entire corn harvest that the 2200 series chops up the stalks at lEAST AS GOOD or BETTER than the old 1000 series does, at least in your opinion from what you saw this yearIJ THANKS, You can e-mail me any more info on your new header (update kits , problems, etc.) that you want to share with me.

Stosh

"So before I trade 2-1083's for 2-2208's, you are telling me that after one entire corn harvest that the 2200 series chops up the stalks at lEAST AS GOOD or BETTER than the old 1000 series does, at least in your opinion from what you saw this yearIJ" NO WAY will I admit to making that claim!!! My 2208 absolutely did not cut the stalks MORE than a 1083. The 1083 cuts them to the point that nothing is left standing, the 2208 leaves a few stalks standing. I intend to be able to notill plant next spring with no problems with the stalks. The fields that are chiseled will be worked with a field cultivator and planted next spring. Believe me when I say that was a big concern, and now I feel better after one harvest and see how the stalks are crimped and broken if not cut up. They will continue to deteriorate thru the winter and not be a problem at planting time. okIJ

c

As i mentioned in previous posts my 2200 series header has been a nightmare. Here in Ontario stalks were killed by frost, a lot of them still have juice in them. It seems the guys with the 2366 and 2166 are having better luck with the 6 row headers. My header constantly boils up in front of feeder house. Dealer is saying it is because of the double slat chain. I have now purchased a feeder upgrade kit. Not impressed having to spend money on this header already.

VQ35DE

Is yours a 2208 or a 2206 and on what inch row spacings and what year model is the headerIJ

iaremec

i thought i read in a earlier post that the triple chain had more problems. have you got that update on that pitches the head back. you might look into that. are you running in the high side on gearboxIJ and do you have hydraulic strippersIJ. aren't you guys done yetIJ i see you probably had more snow.